The Bowen Technique deals with musculoskeletal related problems and general body rebalancing. It is a very gentle, extremely effective soft tissue therapy, using gentle rolling action over muscles, tendons, ligaments and fascia prompting the body to reset, repair and re-balance itself.
The Bowen Technique takes a fully holistic approach to all problems presented and the treatment is complementary to mainstream medical treatment.
The following have been observed to greatly improve with the Bowen Technique:-
- pain management
- sports injuries
- acute and chronic back pain
- general aches and pains
- frozen shoulder and tennis elbow
- jaw discomfort
- chronic fatigue, inc. Fibromyalgia, MS and ME
- heel and foot pain
- stress and tension
- headaches and migraines
- quality of sleep
You can expect the following from a treatment
- Light clothes can stay on
- Bowen is different to massage and there is no manipulation or adjustment
- Sessions are approximately 45-55 mins long
- During the treatment there are unique breaks where you will be left to rest, thus allowing the body to assimilate information and rebalance itself
- Relief is regularly felt immediately and most cases respond within 48 hrs
- The average number of sessions required is 3-4 over a 4-5 week period but treatment plans are determined on an individual basis
Kathryn is a certified Bowen Therapist using a fully holistic approach to all problems presented. 21st century science is beginning to demonstrate a non-intrusive approach with no adjustment or manipulation can aid balance in the body, and Kathryn’s philosophy is to promote overall wellbeing by enabling the body to heal itself.
The Bowen Technique uses a gentle rolling action over soft tissue to potentially create a signal to the brain and can be used to treat a wide range of conditions including acute and chronic back pain, sciatica, frozen shoulder and tennis elbow, chronic fatigue including fibromyalgia, MS and ME, headaches and migraines, and insomnia. The experience of Bowen is gentle, subtle, and relaxing and the treatment can be done through light clothing.
Appointments at Kings Hill Back Pain Clinic can be booked by contacting Kathryn.
To find out if you might benefit from Bowen Technique or to book a session, please contact Kathryn directly:
Phone: 07901 826 186
Please note: When booking with a practitioner other than Natalie you will need to contact, book and pay them directly. They are not employees of Kings Hill Back Pain Clinic and therefore we accept no liability for loss, damage or dissatisfaction during your experience with them. Please ensure you talk to them ahead of your session to ensure you are booking for the treatment you intend to. We make recommendations in the best possible faith but it remains the responsibility of the individual to check that such is appropriate for them. Booking implies understanding of and agreement to this.